Smart Hosting Organic Marketing Case Study
Smart Hosting came to us in October 2014 with the target of becoming the go to hosting company for reseller hosting in the UK. Smart Hosting was a brand new company with no SEO strategy or organic performance.
With this in mind the Creative Labs team went through the following process to start the SEO campaign:
1. Started off by conducted keyword research to establish the key short to long tale keywords within the hosting re-seller market.
2. Conducted a full on-page audit looking at simple on-page optimisation such as title tags, descriptions and h1’s then moving on to more complex optimisation with content optimisation, internal linking, rich snippets, page speed and fixing internal URL errors.
3. The Creative Labs team them presented all the recommend changes to the client and gave additional support to their internal team as they were making the on-page SEO updates.
4. We then started working on the link building campaign by manually outreaching to relevant blogs and websites either asking for link or offing up high quality content for their sites.
5. Reporting was key to the success of this campaign so the Smart Hosting could monitor our performance and SEO activity each month.
The Creative Labs team went through the above process to produce the results below.
Would you like to know more about the Smart Hosting campaign? Contact us
Smart Hosting tasked Creative Labs with improving 27 target keywords. The graph shows the average keyword rankings of 27 target keywords in October 2015 and then again in January 2017.
In October 2015 all 27 target keywords were outside the top 100 position on Google In June 2017 the average keyword ranking for the 27 keywords was position 7.